Advances in Nutrition and Cancer - Symposium (#33)
The goal of this symposium is to provide an overview of recent advances in the nutritional management of cancer.
1. To raise awareness of the ongoing development of the wiki evidenced based practice guidelines for the nutritional management of patients with head and neck cancer and recently published update of guidelines for nutritional management of patients receiving radiation therapy and/or chemotherapy.
2. To provide a forum for discussion of enablers and barriers to implementation of evidence into daily practice.
3. To increase knowledge of the role of ginger in management of nausea and vomiting
1. Maintaining evidence-based guidelines online: Update on nutritional management of patients with head and neck cancer.
Merran Findlay, Elise Strange, Jutta von Dincklage, Ian Oliver, Judy Bauer
2. Overview of evidence-based practice guidelines for the nutritional management of patients receiving anticancer therapy.
Elisabeth Isenring, Rachel Zabel, Melanie Bannister, Teresa Brown, Merran Findlay, Nicole Kiss, Jenelle Loeliger, Cara Burgess, Belinda Camilleri, Wendy Davidson, Jan Hill, Judy Bauer
3. Chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting: a review to inform clinical practise.
Wolfgang Marx, Elizabeth Isenring, Karin Reid, Avni Sali, Luis Vitetta, Dan McKavanagh, Alexandra McCarthy
4. Nutritional management of patients with an asbestos related diseases
Judy Bauer, Maeli Campbell-McNulty